What Is Record Store Day?
It’s common knowledge that Record Store Day played a big part in the revitalisation of vinyl records that we are currently witnessing; and with last year celebrating the 10th anniversary, we’re once again nearing the time to celebrate independent record stores. This year will see some exclusive releases from big names in the music industry, including David Bowie, Steven Wilson, ABBA, Johnny Cash, and more! These exclusive releases often include picture discs or special edition artwork.
One Day Only, Don’t Miss Out!
Sponsored by BBC Music, Record Store Day is a one-day event only and occurs only once a year, so be sure to make your way to Frank Harvey Hi-Fi Excellence on Saturday, April 21st, 2018 in order to be in for a chance to witness the event in full swing.
We’ll have food and drink available to all attendees, and not only will we have a wide array of Record Store Day exclusives, but all of the regular vinyl records will have an additional 10% knocked off their sale price all day for RSD customers!
We will be joined by a wide variety of industry leading manufacturers. Rega will be at the forefront of the event, showcasing their Record Store Day 2018 exclusive turntable: the Rega Planar RSD2018. This turntable combines the planar 2/3 plinth with the platter found on the Planar 1, creating an exclusi ve hybrid to commemorate this event. Rega will give a hands-on demonstration of the turntable, along with some other models in their extensive range, including their renowned Planar 6 and Planar 3 turntables.
Joining Rega we have even more big names from within the audiophile industry, with Michell displaying their world famous Gyrodec SE and Orbe SE turntables, KEF demonstrating their mighty Blade 2 speakers, Project once again bringing along their exclusive George Harrison turntable, Monitor Audio will be showcasing their new Studio speakers, and Cyrus will be on hand to answer any questions about their impressive range.
When Will All the Fun Begin?
The event itself starts at 9:30am, finishing at 5pm – however, you may queue for as long as you want (some customers choose to queue hours before the opening time in order to guarantee they can get their hands on all of that sweet exclusive vinyl). Industry representatives will be on hand all day long, answering any questions or queries you may have. Feel free to bring along your own vinyl records, as the representatives will be more than happy to accommodate a demonstration if you wish to hear how your music performs on some of the most professional turntables or speakers available today! Fair prices and discounts on all non-RSD vinyl records allows us to guarantee this as the perfect, most enjoyable day for any vinyl lover out there.
Details of the Record Store Day event are as follows: Date: Saturday, 21st April 2018 Time: 09:30 am – 17:30 pm Venue: Frank Harvey Hi-Fi Excellence, 163 Spon Street, Coventry, CV1 3BB
|09:30||Doors open to the first 15 people in line|
|10:00||General opening to the public|
|11:00||Demonstration of exclusive Rega Record Store Day 2018 turntable|
|12:00 - 16:00||Demos and advice from industry leading representatives (Including Rega, KEF, Michell Audio Engineers, and Pro-Ject Audio Systems)|
|16:30||Prize draw announcement|
Why Join Us?
Last year, and for many years before that, we had hundreds upon hundreds of people coming down to the store and witnessing the unique environment that a small Hi-Fi/Vinyl shop has to offer on a day centred around like-minded audiophiles. What makes us one above most other record stores hosting RSD events is that we are able to not only offer these exclusive pieces of vinyl, but also the opportunity to listen to them on high-end components in-house. We'll let our customers offer their insight into why they enjoyed the event at our store last year. Here are a few comments from the 10th anniversary Record Store Day back in 2017:
"When I was a teenager I was collecting
vinyl, I used to go round all the record stores in Northern Ireland with my mates. But I started getting back into it once they started putting more vinyl out recently, and it was coming here that actually triggered building up my collection again, because Frank Harvey does have a diverse collection, and Kevin will always get you records in, which is pretty cool."
But why tell you, when we could show you? Feel free to watch our video below to see how much fun everyone had at last year's 10th anniversary Record Store Day event:
5 Reasons Why You Don't Want to Miss Record Store Day:
- Exclusive records: Record Store Day features never-before-seen exclusive artwork, colour discs, and picture discs for a wide range of popular artists. These records are only available on the day, so it really is first come first serve. Pop down to be in for a chance to get your hands on one!
- High-quality demonstrations: With the impressive range of hands-on Hi-Fi components that we will have on display in the store all throughout the day, it is possible to come along and hear how your vinyl purchases (or even a favourite vinyl that you bring from home) sound on some of the worlds best-performing Turntables or Speakers.
- Advice from industry leading representative: Industry leading representatives will be in store providing valuable information, demonstrating their best products, and answering any questions you may have.
- Free food & drinks: We provide a wide range of free food and drinks, including sandwiches, snacks, cold sodas, coffee and tea. We encourage sticking around once you've made your purchases, and our sales team will be available for chats and advice.
- A great opportunity to meet with like-minded vinyl-loving people: Record Store Day is the best way to meet record-and-Hi-Fi-enthusiasts, with like-minded people gathering in the same place.
Find us at 163 Spon Street, Coventry, CV1 3BB
Visit us online at www.hifix.co.uk
Words by Evan Boulton